Mediterranean Chicken with Eggplant
Prep Time: 50 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
1-1/4 eggplants, peeled and cut
lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices
1 tablespoon and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
2-1/2 skinless, boneless chicken breast
halves - diced
3/8 onion, diced
2-1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons and 1/2 teaspoon water
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield (5).
1. Place eggplant strips in a big pot of lightly salted water and soak for 30 minutes (this will improve the taste; they will leave a brown color in the pot).
2. Remove eggplant from pot and brush lightly with olive oil. Saute or grill until lightly browned and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
3. Saute diced chicken and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in tomato paste and water, cover skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
5. Pour chicken/tomato mixture over eggplant. Season with oregano, salt and pepper and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2010 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 8/16/2010