Rainy Days, Rainbows, and Hawaiian Ham

It's still raining here! The weather people say that it should be clearing up for the weekend. I've made plans to visit my flower girl's family on Friday. Hopefully that means fun in the sun for the bunch of us.

In the midst of all of this rain, I found my rainbow. My dear friend Jenn with the help of her wonderful husband Tim brought their beautiful daughter into the world this afternoon. This year has been quite a ride for them. The birth of their baby is certainly a blessing to them and their families. Jenn's sister says that Jenn is doing well but, tired after seven hours of hard labor. Way to go Jenn!

While waiting for the news about the baby, I was sitting around watching the Rachel Ray Show she made Teriyaki Pork Chops with Pineapple and Peppers. It sounded so yummy! So I decided, that we would have a blend of her recipe and Hawaiian Ham from A Pinch of This.

Basically it is, ham steaks (1/2 in. thick) with a large can of chunked pineapples in juice and bell peppers. The pineapples and bell peppers are cooked in a little bit of pineapple juice, soy sauce, and ginger. The rest of the pineapple juice goes in the casserole dish with the ham. the pineapple, and bell pepper. Then heat the ham steaks in the pan after cooking the pineapples and peppers. Two baked potatoes have been in the fridge forever, so we will have those on the side. The baked potatoes were great with the sauce from the ham. We even have leftovers for tomorrow!!!

Maybe the dish fairy will come! Check out the cute cartoon from bored.com!

1 comment:

  1. I watched that episode of Rachel Ray too! Making that Delicious meal is on my list of "To Do" sometime soon!! I love the idea of peppers and pineapples together!

    ReplyDelete