Coming out of the wedding fog!

I was checking up on my friends Jenn and Tim and realized just how long it had been since I was in my usual routine. As most of you know, I like routine. I like having a plan. Although, I have to admit that having the cruise company plan my honeymoon was fabulous because then I didn't have to think about anything.

Before you are married, everyone asks when are you getting married? Then, how are the wedding plans coming? Just before the wedding, are you nervous? Now, how's married life.

Well, here is the answer to that question. Pretty much the same as before. Except we get to spend more time together with no questions asked. I am enjoying seeing Dave every night and cooking dinner for the two of us. I know that the joy that comes from making us dinner every night will fade over time. But, for the time being its lots of fun. My cousin gave us the How to Cook Everything cookbook at the bridal shower. It is wonderful! It certainly tells you the basics of how do everything from boil water to cooking a souffle. I'd like to think that I am somewhere beyond boiling water but, not yet up to the souffle. One of the things that I have learned from this cookbook is that it can give you all the directions in the world but, you need to make it your own with a little bit of spice.

One of my first cooking endeavors when returning home from the honeymoon was pesto sauce. We have basil growing on our window sill and I decided it was time to do something with it. So, I pulled out the how to cook everything book. It certainly told me how to make pesto sauce however, it lacked that pizazz that I am used to. Therefore, Dave and I spent a bit of time together trying to spice it up and make it right. It was fun having a partner in crime!

As you probably know, it has been incredibly warm in New York. I have been trying to figure out how to cook a decent meal without making the apartment 9 gazillion degrees. It appears that at least one on high is necessary and I should cook at least an hour before Dave comes home so that way the apartment can cool off before we enjoy our dinner. It appears that the battle with the temperature in the apartment is never ending. Speaking of which, Dave is coming home early tonight so I should start thinking about dinner. LOL.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment