Sun after Rain

On Sunday, we usually have dinner with my family on the island. The past few Sundays have been rainy, humid, and generally gross. Needless to say, yesterday, I was out in the garden picking a few more tomatoes and the new white cucumbers that are growing. We had planned on planting some beets and (something else I can't remember) but, I didn't think it would be a good idea with the crazy wind and thunder.














Rain is one of those things that we need. Puddles are fun to play in but, not to drive through. The birds enjoy swimming in them. Eventually puddles turn into flooding which causes damage to property. I cannot believe that rain washing away the dirt from beneath the enormous tree outside our apartment knocked the whole thing down.





During the fleeting moments of sunshine over the weekend, families riding bikes and taking walks were trying to find ways to circumvent the enormous tree that fell. Unfortunately, the tree is closing off our pass through to the lake. I'm sure at some point in the near future the quiet will disappear because the city will come to cut up the tree. But, I'm in no rush. I think it's neat to look at the huge roots . Perhaps, if they leave it there long enough it will start to grow again?

This morning after the hubby left for work. I went to our front picture window, opened the blinds, and then threw opened the windows. My breath was literally taken away by the cool breeze coming through the windows. Usually I open the windows, try forget about the head as I sip my first cup of coffee. My sole purpose is to think about what I can do to escape the heat. I'm am not sure what I am going to do today to enjoy the beautiful weather.
Today, the sky is perfectly blue. The wind chimes are singing. The breeze is blowing. It is a beautiful day!




























No comments:

Post a Comment