Spinach Quiche

I was feeling particularly munchie one night and came up with the idea of making a quiche for breakfast the following morning. I purchased two frozen pie crusts awhile ago for some pumpkin pie I never ended up making so, I decided this would be the perfect use for one of them. 


Ingredients: 
1 -9 inch pie crust 
1/2 small onion chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 frozen brick of chopped spinach 
4 eggs
16 oz evaporated milk 

Procedure: 

Preheat the oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix 4 eggs and evaporated milk. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese in the bottom of the pie crust. Microwave the spinach to defrost. (I did not add any water because I was afraid of it diluting the filling.) Spread spinach over the cheese. Sprinkle the chopped onion over the spinach. Top with the rest of the cheddar cheese. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the spinach, cheese and onion. Place in the oven for 40 minutes until the center is firm. (Check with a knife that it comes out clean like a cake.) 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment