We will never forget but, the world keeps spinning.

We spent the morning in Midtown with my friend who was in from Charlottesville, VA. It was wonderful to see her and catch up. We even wandered into the taping on "The Girls Next Door." Apparently, one of "the girls" was staying at the hotel upstairs from Bourbon Street (on 48th St.).

I have to say that I didn't give a second though to going into Midtown today. However, when we got there, there were definitely fewer people there then usual. The subway station at 34th Street was nearly empty. Standing in the nearly empty subway station definitely made me a little anxious. Not sure if it was because it was empty or because it is the 9th anniversary of 9/11.

I was grateful to have the hubby with me and to be able to go home knowing we were safe and would get there without a problem.

After arriving home, we decided that doing laundry would be a good idea since the piles were becoming taller than we are. As we expected, laundry is crowded. I am blogging from our second laundromat of the day. One to wash...One to dry. We were lucky that the lady in the second laundromat let us borrow a cart so we could wheel our soaking wet laundry one and a half blocks to her facility. The only unfortunate part of this laundromat is that there isn't any seating. Most of the other laundromats in our neighborhood have a few chairs outside. We have three laundromats near the apartment. I never thought I would use two of them in one day.

As far as I am concerned, fall has officially arrived.

The anniversary of 9/11 is here again.

The weather is cooler without a cloud in the sky.The first full week of school is next week. And, the pumpkin latte is back at Starbucks! Here's to FALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment