Our 2 Month Old


How big is he? What does he like?At his two month appointment, our little one was 10 lbs 2 oz and 22 3/4 in. The little one is in size 1 diapers and primarily 0-3 month clothing. However, he does were 6 mos. in some clothes. He loves playing in his activity gym. He is grabbing toys and shaking them. One of his favorite evening and weekend activities is reading with his daddy. We received "I  love you through and through" from our friends Jenn and Tim. The hubby and I enjoy reading it to our little one together. The little one loves my mom's brightly patterned shirts. His eyes follow her around the room whenever she is home. 


What does a two month old do? Our little one usually naps twice a day around 9am and 2pm. He still hates bagpipes and recently hates the sound of the phone. We are trying to find a way to make the sound of the phone less irritating to him. We have been taking the little one to church where our family friend is assigned. He doesn't mind if the baby cries since, "Jesus cried too." It takes a lot of the pressure off and makes the experience far more enjoyable for all of us. The little one usually naps through the beginning of Mass until the homily. (Our friend speaks very loudly but, the little guy never cries.) He enjoys the music.


Can a two month old be teething? According to the pediatrician, the little one is officially teething. He is a drool machine. The pediatrician indicated the teething could go on for MONTHS! (Mommy is not ready for the little one to have teeth yet.) He is still exclusively breast fed. I never thought in a million years I'd make it this long. Hopefully, I can make it to six months. I've been doing a lot of reading about baby led weaning so, we'll see what happens. 


Are you going back to work? My maternity leave officially ended on the 17th. It is hard to believe 8 weeks have gone by already. I'm not sure what the next steps will be. It is extremely hard to imagine going back to work full time. I am looking into various "work at home" options and part time options. I know as a teacher I can always tutor but, I'd like to try to find something that encourages more creativity and/or craftiness. I am inspired by all of these moms that have businesses like making cloth diapers or  profitable etsy shops. I've sent resumes to several tutoring agencies and various part time job openings but haven't heard anything back yet. I'd ultimately love to go back to school for my PhD or EdD. I love being a student and teaching on a college campus would be the best possible scenario as the little one grow up. 

4 comments:

  1. E started teething around 2 months old and it felt like forever before she finally got her first tooth at 8 months old. Now at almost 16 months old, she has a full mouth of teeth!

    He's ADORABLE btw! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, he's adorable!! Happy 2 months, I hope you can work out something for going back to work!

    ReplyDelete