It's amazing what you miss...

We've kind of fallen off the face of the earth with regard to our friendships during the past few months. We travelled a lot this summer (Cali, MD, Mass.). Now, we are both back at work. I cannot believe how I've fallen out of touch with friends. I didn't really occur to me until my MOH kept referring to how she was able to see me twice in one week!

We love our friends and they are as important to us as our family. Since I started back at work, I've been completely exhausted by teaching 8 periods a day every other day. This year is like being a first year teacher all over again because I am teaching three new academic classes and running classroom guidance for three grades. It is so much planning and there is just no time to get it done during the school day. So, I come home from work, work until dinner, and then go to bed. This pretty much repeats until the weekend. Weekends are filled with visiting family or visits from family and attempting to keep our modest two bedroom apartment clean.

Frequently, I think that while I would love to live in a house I have no idea how I would be able to keep in clean while working. As it is, the hubby and I split up chores and clean together but, needless to say it feels like I am fighting a losing battle.

As a result, I am grateful for the forgiveness of our visitors when they arrive and our home is not "just so".  Believe me, I try but, this is as good as it's going to get for now. This weekend we were thrilled to visit with our MOH. We had fun simply running errands and sharing a meal. It was great to catch up! As a result of our visit, I know I will be making more of a concerted effort to check in with friends regularly. I don't want to lose our friends because of the massive amount of time both of us spend at work.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with this more! My husband and I just saw 2 of our closest friends for the first time in about a month and we only live about 10 minutes away from each other. Good luck with the new classes!

    ReplyDelete