Sometimes it is just better to stay quiet...

I am a talker. I enjoy talking. At times, I even enjoy talking to myself. (Yes, I know this may sound crazy.) I talk for a living. I speak very well. I like to just talk. It doesn't have to be about anything in particular just whatever comes to mind.

Despite my love of talking, one of the things I have learned in the short time I have been married is that there is a time to talk and a time to be quiet. For example, when the hubby has lost something that is really important and he is trying to find it, it is not the time to try to start a conversation about something random. He needs his time to find things. OR When I am headed out the door already fifteen minutes "late" to work ( I am always hours early.), it is not the time to discuss what our plans are for the weekend.

I know that my friends Jenn and Tim have learned this about each other because on my first trip to Texas I learned that Tim needs time to wake up in the morning. It is not okay to bombard him with chatter early in the morning.

While I am not sure if this is still the case in their life but, I know in mine it is sometimes better to blog then to blab so, here we are...

No comments:

Post a Comment