Watching and waiting

I cannot imagine the feelings how difficult it must be for the people living along the mississippi river. A woman was interviewed on the radio this morning and she was saying that they are basically waiting for the house to flood. They know it is going to happen and it is only a matter of time.

Is it easier to know that you are going to lose your home then to be surprised by it? To be quite frank, neither situation is "easy". I feel like I am a planner and would like to know that it is going to happen so, I can attempt to "do" something about it.

Many people are making sandbags. How many sandbags will be enough?

Others have abandoned their homes taking with them their prized possessions. Will they regret this decision?

Still others are staying in their homes and praying that if it be God's will their homes will be spared.

What approach would I take? I probably would take a little bit from each.

While I was floating around the internet, I found this prayer. Perhaps this will help those who are not sure what to do.

Lord, my mind is racing with possibilities as I wait for news. Quiet my mind and lessen my anxiety during this time of waiting.  I turn this situation over to Your care, confident that You will bring a quick and positive result according to Your will.  Amen.

The residents along the banks of the Mississippi know that in many cases their home will be destroyed. All they can do is wait. Pray for these people during this difficult time.

Waiting is one of my least favorite things. What do you do while you are waiting?

No comments:

Post a Comment