Dinner Success! Black Bean Burgers

via

So, the hubby has been trying to cut red meat out of his diet so, I decided to oblige and try to make him some tasty veggie burgers. After much internet searching, I came up with this recipe:

1 can drained black beans
1/2 onion chopped, sauteed
1 tsp garlic chopped
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup olive oil (for frying)

1.  Put all of the ingredients except the olive oil in the food processor.
2.  Pulse until you have a chunky mixture. (If you over process the ingredients, it will be too "liquidy" to stay together.)
3.  Heat your olive oil in a skillet.
4.  Form patties from your mixture in the food processor. (I just made them by hand...I know there are fancy burger patty makers so, I assume you could use one of those if you had one.)
5. Put them into the skillet and fry on each side until the out layer is crispy. (Don't flip them too much or they might fall apart.)

Due to the delicate nature of the burgers, I wouldn't recommend putting these on the BBQ unless you put aluminum foil between the burger and the grill.

I was shocked at how easy and tasty these were. The outside was actually crispy. The process kind of reminded me of cooking latkes. There are a bunch of recipes that include a bunch more ingredients but, these were simple, easy, and quick.

Check out the recipes tab for more yummy ideas!


1 comment: